Master of Education by research programme provides graduate candidates with an opportunity to gain intensive training in educational research methodologies while undertaking an in-depth research study in any major area of education. This programme is especially suited for candidates who are planning to progress to a doctoral level research studies.
This programme is designed to enhance the professional development of educators and education administrators. The candidates that will undertake a supervised study of research, research training and independent study at master level. This programme is especially suited for candidates who are planning to progress to a doctoral-level research study. This programme will provide knowledge, skills, and experience in critiquing and undertaking educational research in your area of interest to enhance your practice.
- Full-Time: minimum 12 months, maximum 24 months
- Part-Time: minimum 24 months, maximum 48 months
Typical entry requirements
- A good honours Degree (at least second class lower) or equivalent from a recognised university
- Evidence of English proficiency at the level of at least an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL score of 550 or a credit in the GCE ‘O’ Level English Language
- Applicants are advised to write an appropriate proposal for a research project at doctoral level, which is normally expected to include the following: proposed title, rationale, aims and methodology, literature review, preliminary bibliography, provisional table of contents
- Successful performance in an interview and any test require
- Every January and August
For more information, please contact:
Programme Leader, Graduate Professional Development