SHBIE is currently recruiting academic staff for the following senior posts (July 2020), ideally with the aim of joining the faculty from late July 2021. For current terms and conditions visit www.ubd.edu.bn.
Closing date for all applications is 15 Sept 2020.
1. Associate Professor/Professor of Teacher Education (Research, Curriculum and Assessment)
SHBIE requires a highly qualified and experienced teacher educator to join the current team:
- to take a leadership role in current and future research, curriculum development and assessment initiatives in Teacher Education and Professional Development.
- to develop Faculty expertise in the relationship between theories of learning and teaching and the practice of teacher education and professional development.
- to promote new practice-research relationships in the work of teacher education, within and across the university and in the nation’s schools.
- to foster close ties with other academic and professional organisations outside the Faculty, locally, regionally and internationally
- to contribute to the design, teaching and assessment of the Faculty’s MTeach, MEd and PhD programmes.
Academic and professional qualifications
- Ph.D. degree in a relevant area of education (e.g., curriculum and instruction, teacher education, instructional leadership) or a closely related field.
- Professional teaching qualification.
- Experience of teaching at primary/secondary and tertiary levels.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and teaching professional development programmes for educators.
- Experience of conducting externally funded and rigorous field-based research, and a distinguished record of scholarship.
- Outstanding academic programme leadership capabilities.
- Established connections with academic and professional organizations internationally.
2. Associate Professor/ Professor in Educational Counselling
SHBIE requires a highly qualified and experienced specialist in counselling to join the current team:
- to lead International recognition for the Master in Counselling Program in SHBIE.
- to lead International recognition (for licensure and certification as professional counsellors) especially for those who graduated from the Master in Counselling Program in SHBIE.
- to help review/ upgrade the Master in Counselling Program in SHBIE to be aligned with CACREP standards or any Counselling Association body.
- to lead research in Counselling.
- to provide staff, the Ministry of Education and other government bodies with workshops and seminars.
Academic & professional qualifications
- PhD degree in a relevant area of counselling or a closely related field
- Possess a valid, current and ongoing clinical practicing licence
- Possess a valid, current and ongoing clinical supervision certificate for supervising student practicums, research, and internships.
- Member of a relevant counselling association OR psychological society.
- Registered with any relevant regulatory body/ association.
- Knowledge and experience in teaching counselling and psychology at the graduate level.
- Experience in providing consultancy services to universities, government ministries, private sectors and NGOs.
For further details about SHBIE and living and working in Brunei, see the ebrochures ‘Information for applicants to SHBIE academic posts’ and ‘SHBIE new opportunities’.
If you would like to discuss a possible application or have questions, please email Dr Andrew Littlejohn, Deputy Dean (Research) at firstname.lastname@example.org.