Master of Education by research programme provides graduate candidates with an opportunity to gain intensive training in educational research methodologies while undertaking an in-depth research study in any major area of education. This programme is especially suited for candidates who are planning to progress to a doctoral level research studies.
This programme is designed to enhance the professional development of educators and education administrators. The candidates that will undertake a supervised study of research, research training and independent study at master level. This programme is especially suited for candidates who are planning to progress to a doctoral-level research study. This programme will provide knowledge, skills, and experience in critiquing and undertaking educational research in your area of interest to enhance your practice. It is important to note that the M Ed degree does not confer qualified teacher status, which is required in order to teach in government schools in Brunei or in some sections of the Ministry of Education. Applicants wishing to become qualified teachers should apply for the MTeach programme. The MEd degree is appropriate for experienced teachers. It is not intended as an initial qualification in Education.
- Full-Time: minimum 24 months, maximum 36 months
- Part-Time: minimum 48 months, maximum 60 months
Typical entry requirements
- A good honours Degree (at least second class lower) or equivalent from a recognised university
- Evidence of English proficiency at the level of at least an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL score of 550 or a credit in the GCE ‘O’ Level English Language
- Applicants are advised to write an appropriate proposal for a research project at doctoral level, which is normally expected to include the following: proposed title, rationale, aims and methodology, literature review, preliminary bibliography, provisional table of contents
- Successful performance in an interview and any test required.
- Every January and August
For more information, please contact:
Programme Leader, Graduate Professional Development